Recipe by Chef Sunshine
These are the best tasting salmon patties I have ever eaten! Another traditional recipe that has been handed down for years and years. Delicious!!!
Top Review by Miss Annie in Indy
I really liked the slight taste of mustard in this recipe. I subbed italian bread crumbs (about 1/8 cup) for the flour and cornmeal, and only used one egg. I served these with scalloped potatoes (#103504) steamed asparagus and rolls. Thanks for this winner Chef Sunshine.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 yellow sweet onion, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- canola oil or vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients.
- (*I usually de-bone my salmon, but you don't have to, I just like it better that way.*).
- Add canola or vegetable oil to pan/skillet and turn to about medium on the stovetop or a little higher than medium.
- Make mixture into patties and add to pan.
- Cook till crispy.