Recipe by Carah'sMama
I don't think I've ever made crock pot roast the same twice but this one was really good so I decided I would post it so I could remember it next time. Few ingredients for an easy supper. Makes an excellent au jus or gravy.
Top Review by ebbtide
One of tastiest, most tender roasts we've ever had-- a true keeper. Did add some celery and a bit of red wine after the three hours on high and think in future will include some onion as well-- just a matter of personal tastes. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
- 2 -3 lbs eye of round roast
- 1 ounce herb brown gravy mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 fresh carrots or 15 fresh baby carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse roast under cool water.
- Add roast to crock pot.
- Sprinkle brown gravy mix on and around roast.
- Add 1/2 cup water around roast.
- Add quartered potatoes around roast.
- Sprinkle ranch mix over roast and potatoes.
- Season potatoes with salt.
- Set crock pot on high for 3 hours.
- Cut carrots same size as quartered potatoes or if using baby carrots, use whole. Add carrots and additional 1/2 cup water if you like a thinner gravy or au jus.
- Change setting to low for 2 more hours.
- Slice roast on serving platter, surround with veggies.
- Serve gravy or au jus on the side.
- *Any cut of roast would probably work, but this is a good, lean cut that doesn't require trimming and also slices nicely. A larger roast may also be used.
- *Cooking: You can also add the carrots after step 7 and cook on low for 6-8 hours total. The carrots will just be a little softer than the other method.