Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one of my made up creations. Love these! I guessed on the serving size.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 medium vidalia onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup real butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk (you can add more or less milk depending on consistency desired)
- salt and pepper (to your liking)
- 3⁄4 cup crushed potato chips, for top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil potatoes for about 15 minutes.
- Drain& mash, add milk, butter, ranch mix, onion, salt& pepper and 1/2 the cheese.
- mix well.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish and top with remaining cheese and potato chips (optional).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- This also is good to make ahead and refrigerate.
My whole family liked these potatoes. I left the peels on my potatoes, and instead of plains chips I used Cooler Ranch Doritos... it was wonderful! I wanted to eat the entire 8x8 dish of potatoes all by myself! Oh- I left out the onions, mainly because I was too lazy to cut any up.