Recipe by GingerlyJ
It took my almost ten years of experimenting with different techniques and flavors before I got it just right. It won first place in last year's kentukcy state fair meatloaf and meatball contest.
Top Review by maggiegirl
My boyfriend loves meatloaf and this recipe looked appetizing. I have always used a recipe that was very plain, but juicy. I am so happy I tried it out on myself first before serving it to him. It was so incredibly dry. I went back thinking maybe I missed a wet ingredient -- Nope, was very disappointed. After buying the spices and ingredients it called for, I wasted $36.00.
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup knorr tomato soup mix
- chili powder
- garlic salt
- 1 cup French dressing
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 5 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients (except the last four) well and shape into a a loaf. Bake for 30 minutes on 400 degrees and then glaze with last four ingredients and bake 30 more and then slice and serve.
- Cook's tips-to soak up grease, place a couple of slices on the bottom of your pan before baking.For more flavor, make 1 hour before baking and chill in the fridge for flavors to fully marry together.