1/1 Photo of My Potato Soup
A recipe for potato soup was given to me by a friend and over the years I've modified it to suit my own taste. Every time I make this soup, I do something a little different, but this is the basic point from which I start. Prep and cooking times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice potatoes. Chop onion. Place both in pot with just enough water to cover and boil until potatoes are just tender. Drain, leaving about 1 inch water in bottom of pot.
- 2Mash potatoes to the consistency of your liking (I like my soup a little chunky, so I mash about 1/2 of the potatoes and leave the other half as is).
- 3Add in cream of celery soup (you can use any kind of cream soup you may like if celery is not your favorite), milk (you may use less or more than 2 c, again depending on the consistency you may like), french onion dip (may use FF or Lite onion dip to lower calories or, sour cream may also be substituted for less of an onion taste) and cheese (I use 2% Velveeta).
- 4Add seasoning to your taste and gently mix until all ingredients are blended.
- 5Let simmer on low until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.3
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 24.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat free condensed cream of celery soup
French onion dip
light processed cheese