Recipe by Mary N.
I have been trying different recipes for years and I took a few tips from other recipes and melded them all together to come up with this one! I have to say that this one has come out the best for me! If you like Miracle whip, I cannot guarantee how that would taste with these ingredients since I haven't tried it. Hope you enjoy!
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced in half
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, Real Mayo, no substitutes
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in salted water until soft. Drain and cool.
- Once potatoes have cooled, slice into bite size pieces and put in large bowl. Add celery, green onions, green pepper, and minced onions.
- Peel eggs. Slice in half and remove egg yolks and put into a another medium sized bowl. Mash up egg yolks until fine and there are no lumps. Chop up the egg whites and add to potato mixture.
- In this same bowl where the egg yolks were mashed, add the mayo, sour cream, sugar, dill, salt, dill relish, cider vinegar, yellow mustard, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Pour over the potato mixture and fold in gently until well mixed.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate.
- (this is even better the next day when the flavors have had a chance to meld!).