Recipe by Squishy026
My grandmother gave this recipe to me and my family and I just loved it.
Top Review by PattiChef
I made this recipe this evening and let me tell you it is the BEST..... It was easy to make and my family finally enjoyed a roast beef dinner that I made. A real winner. Thank you Squishy026 for posting your grandmother's recipe on food.com
- 4 -5 lbs rump roast
- 1 package dry campbells onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 -6 potatoes
- 4 -6 carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup parsley
- steak seasoning or fajita seasoning mix
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in dutch oven and brown the roast on all sides. Season all sides with parsley, seasoning salt, and steak and fajita seasoning to your taste.
- Once browned on all sides remove roast from pan and set aside.
- In the dutch oven mix cream of mushroom soup and campbells onion soup mix together with one cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling replace the roast into the mix and reduce the heat to very low.
- Let the roast cook in the mixture for about 4 1/2 hours turning the roast approximately every 20 minutes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes and chop the carrots into about a quarter inch slices.
- Once the roast has been cooking for 4 1/2 hours add the potatoes and carrots to the pot and add 1-2 cups of water. Just enough to cover the potatoes. Keep turning roast.
- Let simmer till the potatoes and carrots are tender by checking with a fork. When tender turn heat off and place roast and vegetables on a serving dish and place the gravy in a bowl.
- Now serve.