My grandmother gave this recipe to me and my family and I just loved it.
Make and share this My Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Heat vegetable oil in dutch oven and brown the roast on all sides. Season all sides with parsley, seasoning salt, and steak and fajita seasoning to your taste.
- Once browned on all sides remove roast from pan and set aside.
- In the dutch oven mix cream of mushroom soup and campbells onion soup mix together with one cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling replace the roast into the mix and reduce the heat to very low.
- Let the roast cook in the mixture for about 4 1/2 hours turning the roast approximately every 20 minutes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes and chop the carrots into about a quarter inch slices.
- Once the roast has been cooking for 4 1/2 hours add the potatoes and carrots to the pot and add 1-2 cups of water. Just enough to cover the potatoes. Keep turning roast.
- Let simmer till the potatoes and carrots are tender by checking with a fork. When tender turn heat off and place roast and vegetables on a serving dish and place the gravy in a bowl.
- Now serve.
I made this recipe this evening and let me tell you it is the BEST..... It was easy to make and my family finally enjoyed a roast beef dinner that I made. A real winner. Thank you Squishy026 for posting your grandmother's recipe on food.com
My family really enjoyed this pot roast! It made lots of nice gravy which we had over all the meat and veggies, with some left over which I will thicken up and serve with mashed potatoes! Thanks Squishy!