My grandmother gave this recipe to me and my family and I just loved it.
Make and share this My Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Heat vegetable oil in dutch oven and brown the roast on all sides. Season all sides with parsley, seasoning salt, and steak and fajita seasoning to your taste.
- Once browned on all sides remove roast from pan and set aside.
- In the dutch oven mix cream of mushroom soup and campbells onion soup mix together with one cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling replace the roast into the mix and reduce the heat to very low.
- Let the roast cook in the mixture for about 4 1/2 hours turning the roast approximately every 20 minutes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes and chop the carrots into about a quarter inch slices.
- Once the roast has been cooking for 4 1/2 hours add the potatoes and carrots to the pot and add 1-2 cups of water. Just enough to cover the potatoes. Keep turning roast.
- Let simmer till the potatoes and carrots are tender by checking with a fork. When tender turn heat off and place roast and vegetables on a serving dish and place the gravy in a bowl.
- Now serve.