Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
There used to be a recipe on the back of the Beef Rice A Roni box 40 years ago that called for this version and I haven't been able to find it so I substituted until I came up with this one. This is quick, satisfying and filling. Our family likes it very much.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops (any cut)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- onion salt
- 1⁄4 cup beef base or 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- Add salt and peppered pork chops to fat in pan and sear until lightly browned.
- Remove from fat.
- Add rice and spaghetti (broken up into small pieces) and stir until rice is white.
- Add the rest of ingredients and return chops to pan.
- Cover and cook on medium low until liquid is absorbed.
Very very tasty! BTW...if you go to the rice a roni website you will find the recipe you want under "Pork and Rice Provencal" Enjoy! :-)