Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my version of Plantation Coffee. I hope that you will enjoy this lovely coffee.
- 1 ounce dark spiced rum
- 1⁄2 ounce orange liqueur, Grand Marnier, cream
- 1⁄2 ounce Creme de Cacao, dark
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 ounce half-and-half cream
- 6 ounces coffee, strong, hot
- 1 ounce whipped cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almonds, ground
- 1 pinch cinnamon, ground
- To the bottom of your glass add the rum, grand marnier, creme de cacao, butter, sugar, cream and hot coffee.
- Stir 1 minute to ensure that everything is well blended.
- Next add the whipped cream, sprinkle with orange rind, ground almonds and cinnamon.
- Sit in a comfy chair, put on some music, close your eyes and enjoy.
This was a really smooth coffee drink. I enjoyed it very much, Baby Kato. All the flavors blended to create a great cup of coffee. I don't usually include sugar or other sweeteners in my coffee, but I did include the brown sugar when I made this drink, and it turned out great. It's a warming drink that really satisfies. Yum! Made for 2014 Culinary Quest (U.S. Southern Cooking).
I so needed this coffee this morning, After a teary morning I rewarded myself with this delicious and strong coffee. I had no creme de cacao so i put in some chocolate syrup and a 1/2 oz of vodka to sub it. It is worth doing the orange zest, it smells so good on top of the whipped cream
This was lovely. It does have a bit of a kick, but it tastes woderful! Thanks so much for posting!