Recipe by Nana Lee
When I did a lot of entertaining, this was my absolutely best received party food.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, whole, uncut
- 0.5 (16 ounce) jar salsa or 1 cup homemade salsa
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Fancy party dish - Find a pretty dish, preferably with sloping sides so spread can be scooped easily.
- Center an 8 oz block of cream cheese on this dish.
- Mix 1/2 jar of your favorite salsa, or 1 cup of your homemade salsa, with a drained 8 oz can of crushed pineapple.
- I usually drain some of the liquid from the salsa. You want a mushy mix, not a watery one.
- Top the cream cheese with this mix.
- Put this plate on top of a larger plate or tray and fill tray with party breads, veggies, crackers, etc.
- Include several small spreaders for friends to use to spread this on tidbits of their choice.
- This can be made ahead in about 10 mins, refrigerated covered, and set out about 15 mins before serving, so it will be spreadable.