Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is my spin from a "worlds best recipe" I found on here combined with a spin from a chili recipe from the Marborol cookbook I found years earlier. It is spicy. So those who cannot take the heat should omit the chili peppers as desired.
- 3 (16 ounce) canspetite diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cansbrooks hot chili beans or 2 (14 ounce) cansspicy chili beans
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles chili sauce
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 -5 garlic cloves
- 2 lbs ground hot sausage
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked habanero
- 2 bakers chocolate squares
- 1 cup regular brewed coffee
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle lager beer
- bell pepper (optional)
- 3 anaheim chilies (omit seeds)
- 5 red long chyanne bell peppers
- 1 habanero
- Brown your sausage in a large pan. When the sausage is near done add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Be careful to cook thoroughly but try not to burn the onion. They onion should be yellowish brown in color when it is done simmering. Now, in the crockpot: add the 3 cans of tomatoes, 2 cans of chili beans and the 2 bottles of chili sauce. Mix well. Add your other spices (ground chyanne, ground habanero, cumin & chili powder). Mix well. Add the chocolate, coffee and beer. Mix well. Finally add the peppers as desired. The chili has a spice at this point without the peppers. But it is not all that spicy in my opinion. If you are like me and like it hot, then at this point you would add some or all of the peppers as mentioned (aneheim, chyanne, habanero). Mix well and turn the crock pot on High for 4 hours. After that, stir every hour and turn the crock pot down to low. Continue to cook for an additional 3 hours then serve.
- ***PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN DEALING WITH PEPPERS***.
- WASH HANDS AFTER USE, THEY CAN BURN YOUR SKIN.