Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
What I love about this recipe is that I use a vegetable-based pasta product instead of the standard pasta product; I feel like I'm eating healthier...
- 2 (12 ounce) packages rotini pasta (Wacky Pasta brand, tri-color or Ronzoni Whole Wheat pasta)
- 1 (12 inch) seedless European cucumber, large diced
- 1 large onion, large diced
- 2 medium green peppers, large diced
- 1 lb grape tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle balsamic vinaigrette (Paul Newman's Own salad dressing)
- Cook pasta per package directions; drain; then rinse thoroughly under cold tap water to cool the pasta and stop the cooking process.
- Place the pasta in a large enough bowl that will allow you to toss the salad without spilling anything over the edges of the bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pasta in the bowl; wash your hands; then with your clean hands, toss the salad to evenly distribute all the ingredients/dressing.
- Chill 2-4 hours before serving and keep salad on ice (a bowl of ice underneath the bowl you have the salad in) when serving.
- Makes approximately 2 lbs. pasta salad.