Recipe by The Daycare Lady
I found a recipe and tweaked it to suit my tastes. If you like tomatoes and for your chili to have more of a sweet taste and not too many beans then this is the recipe for you and if your family doesn't care for beans, you can leave them out.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, onion, and garlic powder in large stockpot. Cook and stir over medium heat until beef is brown. Drain.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, oregano,sugar, tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to simmer, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Stir in beans. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes; stir occasionally.