Recipe by Candy C
Lots of fresh vegetables make this an easy, healthy, and delightful side dish. I often add cooked chicken or ham for a cool summer meal. You can vary the vegetables you use - it will make it colorful and just to your taste! Please make one day before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Top Review by Nola Muller
A good way of serving cauliflower & broccoli. I did steam them a little before adding them to the salad. The artichoke hearts were a subtle flavour and people enjoyed the dish. Economical and wholesome.
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets (about 1/2 bunch)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, tops and bottoms
- 2⁄3 cup bottled viva Italian salad dressing (or your favorite)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- italian seasoning, taste
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni and drain, then rinse in cold water, draining well.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, olives, and green onions and gently turn with Italian dressing.
- Chill overnight.
- At serving time, fold in avacado and tomato Season to taste and add additional dressing if desired.