I couldn't find any pancake recipes to serve one person and I did not want to have left over batter or have to freeze unused pancakes...just not the same. So here is a recipe that I divised using bisquick heart smart along with a serving suggestion of strawberry syrup which completely depends on your taste and can be made with any other frozen fruit. By all means use any type of milk that you want I just prefer soy. Also, try experimenting with different flavors of flavoring syrups.
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk lite or 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free coffee syrup (I prefer caramel but it is completely up to you)
- 1⁄3 cup Bisquick, heart smart
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened strawberries (I used frozen, don't know how well fresh will work) or 1⁄2 cup any other berries (I used frozen, don't know how well fresh will work)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (1 g) packets sugar substitute
- For Pancakes:.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients until slightly frothy.
- Add Bisquick and stir until mixed. Lumps are ok.
- Heat non stick skillet to medium, medium low and spray with cooking spray.
- Drop batter by scant 1/4 cups and cook on the first side until the pancakes rise a little bit and bubbles begin to break on the surface.
- ONLY FLIP WHEN the bubbles form/break. It will take about 2-3 minutes but don't be tempted to increase the heat.
- Cooking time on the second side is a little less.
- For Syrup:.
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes if using frozen berries. Not sure about fresh.
- Stir. Pour over pancakes.