Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Unable to find sumac, I found some websites that recommend substituting lemon zest. This is what I decided on after loking at many recipes.
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Grind the toasted sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients well.
- Store in a tightly capped jar in the refrigerator.
i love this! I used it on fish and also to make sauce. I would like to use it on fresh tomatoes next time. I also might fill it in jars and give it away together with a recipe. Thank you for sharing. Made for Ramadan Tag Game 2010
This has great flavour! DH and I enjoyed this on your "recipe #219789". I am looking forward to using this on meats and veggies. Thank you for sharing this yummy spice mixture. Made for African Recipe Fun.
Very nice! I took Rita's cue and used it as a dipping sauce for toasted French bread. I enjoyed it. Thanks!