Recipe by Missy Hughes
Tartar sauce is expensive, why not create your own? My tartar sauce is tastier than the bottled brands, and costs far less!
Top Review by JOY1998
I doubled the recipe. It was great. Easy to make. I found my store bought tartar sauce was expired and tasted horrible. This recipe is wonderful and I will using this again. Thank you for posting it.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ordinary sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, sweet or 1 tablespoon pickle juice or 1 tablespoon green olive juice, from the glass jar they come in
Directions See How It's Made
- ALWAYS KEEP WELL CHILLED! Mix all ingredients together and let rest in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. My kids love this sauce tossed with cold pasta and black olives, and coarsely ground black pepper.You can add shrimp or chicken,parsley,basil etc!Try it as a twist on our classic tuna sandwich. Even Miracle Whip fans love it!