Recipe by KimmieOH
Several years ago I experimented with making steak marinades. I have a few recipes I came up with that seem to be old time favorites! We love steak on the grill, but ever since I made my marinade my husband prefers his steak made this way or not at all! Besides Marinades. I also luv to Rub my steaks. then place them in a marinade sauce before grilling! OH and one last thing -- STEAK Sauce -- what's that -- haha! These steaks require no steak sauce or at least that is what my husband says! NOTE -- the cook time is Marinade time.
Top Review by KCShell
Followed the directions exactly but used a super cheap cut of steak. Marinated it for 24 hours and grilled it. The fam raved about how good it tasted!! I usually get comments about how tough the meat is and how it doesn't taste good - so as long as I can plan ahead--this will be the way I make steak-- Thanks for making me look good at supper tonight! KCShell
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons red hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef base
- Lawry's seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix above ingredients well.
- Pour over meat and marinade anywhere from 2 hours – to even 12 hours.
- I really like this marinade over Sirloins and Filets.
- Any Marinade that is left over can be stored in fridge for next time.
- I like to make a double batch and always have the marinade on hand.
- After the steaks have marinated, Place steaks on grill – you can baste the steaks with the marinade while they cook – but DO NOT – re-use – the used marinade.