Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love kugel, a Jewish noodle pudding. I used the ingredient list for RSC#18 to inspire this one. Instead of raisins, I used mango. The allspice & ginger add a nice little kick. This is very easy to assemble. My family really loved this & I hope you do, too!
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces dried mango, diced
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Cook noodles until al dente, drain. Place in a large bowl, add butter & stir until melted.
- Combine diced mango, cream, ginger & 1t allspice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat & allow to steep.
- Add sour cream, cottage cheese, 1 1/2c sugar, beaten eggs & mango/cream mixture to noodles. Stir well until combined. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Combine 1T sugar, cinnamon & 1/2t allspice in small bowl. Sprinkle over top of kugel. Bake 35-45 minutes until set & browned on top.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes then enjoy!
This was so good! My entire family loved this kugel, and believe me, we;ve tried many kugels over the years, but this one was one of the best. I do think, though that 8 eggs was a bit too much, but that's a personal thing, because I know many kugels require many eggs.