My Own Salmon Chowder (Before I Forget How I Did This!)
- Make cream substitute: Combine cottage cheese and nonfat dry milk in food processor and process five minutes (or until completely smooth). Set aside.
- In a dutch oven, saute the onion, celery, red pepper and garlic in 1/4 cup broth, until tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, dill weed, bay leaf, and remaining broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add broccoli slaw and cook another five minutes.
- Add creamed corn, salmon, Old Bay, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke, and cook another five minutes.
- Add cream substitute and stir thoroughly. Cook over medium-low heat until heated all the way through.