Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 16 ounces nonfat cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 onion, diced small
- 4 stalks celery, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces fat-free low-sodium chicken broth or 32 ounces fish stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced large
- 8 ounces carrots, grated
- 12 ounces broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 teaspoons dill weed, dried
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 14 3⁄4 ounces cream-style corn, canned
- 12 ounces canned salmon
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- Make cream substitute: Combine cottage cheese and nonfat dry milk in food processor and process five minutes (or until completely smooth). Set aside.
- In a dutch oven, saute the onion, celery, red pepper and garlic in 1/4 cup broth, until tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, dill weed, bay leaf, and remaining broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add broccoli slaw and cook another five minutes.
- Add creamed corn, salmon, Old Bay, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke, and cook another five minutes.
- Add cream substitute and stir thoroughly. Cook over medium-low heat until heated all the way through.