Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a "never fail" kind of recipe. A MUST!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons milk, cold
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into a 9" pie plate.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, whisk together oil and milk and pour over the flour mixture.
- Using a fork, mix until completely dampened.
- Press the dough evenly over the bottom of the pan, then up the sides and over the rim.
- To use as a baked shell, prick the surface of the dough with a fork several times and bake in a preheated 425* oven for 12-15 minutes; cool and fill as desired.
- To use as an unbaked shell, just fill with the desired pie filling and bake according to the filling directions.
- NOTES: If you want to use the crust for beef pot pies or with any other savory filling, just eliminate the 2 tablespoons sugar.
OK, this isn't the same as a rolled out crust, but it is pretty close and very easy. Thanks for posting.
Made this for a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I've never made pie crust before, but I'll never go back to store bought again after this. It was very flaky and it's so easy to make! Thanks for the keeper!
I never made a pie. Just started to learn 2 cook. When i made this with pumpkin I was so proud of myself and my fam. ate it all. THANK YOU