Recipe by HEP MEP
I kind of made this up from all different recipes, and it met our needs...it's light and and the aroma from the basil and rosemary is "outta-sight! A great side dish for Mexican/Southwestern meals (or Vegans!)
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is really delicious and absolutely amazing! You are right about the aroma of the rosemary. It is out of the world! The aroma of the rosemary wafting through the air while and even after this is cooking is "To die for", just as this rice is! I cooked this in Maggi vegetable broth with onions instead of water to make it even more flavourful. Since broth already contains salt, I did not add any additional salt while cooking. Since I did not have dried basil, I substituted it with fresh basil. I used a combo of green and red bell pepper to make it even more colourful! The vibrancy of the colours that emerge once this rice is cooked, "PERFECTLY" spelled out my happiness on the first day of my sitting behind the wheel;) I have guests for dinner tonight and I can bet that not one grain is going to be left! I'm glad that I doubled the recipe:) A zillion thanks for a brilliant recipe!
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- picante sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté green peppers, onion, and garlic in oil in a frying pan or electric skillet with rosemary and basil until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice, tomato, salt, pepper and picante to taste- cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add water; cover and cook on low till rice is done, stirring occasionally.