Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this up one day when I wanted some old-fashioned tasting chicken soup without all the bother and I love it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 carrot
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) package dry fettuccine, broken up in 2-inch pieces
- Grate carrot and cook with chicken in chicken broth and 4 cups water.
- Cook chicken about 10 minutes then add noodles and cook till done.
- Add cream of chicken soup and cook about 5 minutes longer.
- Mmm mmm good.
My family and I really enjoyed this soup. The condensed soup made the broth have a little more body to it. Very good!
This is really a fabulous soup, it has become a keeper in our house. We add a little more vegetable usually two carrots and a cup of peas. We cut the noodles in half only 6 ounces and we still have more noodle than broth. Next time we are going to use 6 cups of water to 6 ounces of noodles.
this was a very easy and good soup! i did add about a cup and half extra water and 3 chicken bouillon cubes too. salt, pepper, onion salt, and a dash of garlic salt too.u also used canned chicken and it turned out just the same. it's all i had on hand. my hubby loved it, he usually only eats campbells out of the can but he'd had mouth surgery today so i thought i'd make some home made and it turned out very good. just needs more water than called for to handle all the noodles. thanks darlene!