Recipe by Rotherbird
I have tried several manufacturers dough recipes but prefer my own tried and tested one. I have used this for 6 years and my family and friends love it.
- 11 fluid ounces lukewarm water
- 3⁄8 ounce salt (Not low salt)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 21 ounces flour (I use 1/2 white and 1/2 brown)
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) packagefast action yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ingredients into Breadmaker pan in order as above onto 'Dough' setting usually 1 hr 30 minutes.
- When finished empty dough onto a board and cut in half and form 2 large breadcakes. Prick with fork and put to rise in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- If you prefer loaves put dough into 2 tins approximately 8 x 4 x 2 inches.
- If you decide to include nuts or seeds remember to slightly increase the lukewarm water.
- Switch oven on for 3 minutes to warm before cooking.
- Gas 6, 400F, 200°C.