1/4 Photos of My Own Cube Steak and Gravy
Marsha D.'s Note:
This recipe is a old family favorite that I get asked to make at least twice a month and serve with my cream potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl or plastic bag add flour,salt,onion powder,garlic powder and black pepper.
- 2Add cubed steak in flour mixture and coat well.
- 3Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan.
- 4Add cubed steak and brown on both sides for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove cubed steak and drain grease out of pan, leaving some dripping grease in pan.
- 6Add can of mushroom soup,water and heavy whipping cream or milk to the pan drippings and mix well.
- 7Add cubed steak back to pan and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. (may cover with lid if you want to).
- 8Turning cubed steaks once during simmering.
- 9NOTE: you may need to add more water or milk to the steak and gravy while simmering.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Own Cube Steak and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.4
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 824.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 47.9 g