- 2 lbs cubed steak (4-6 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl or plastic bag add flour,salt,onion powder,garlic powder and black pepper.
- Add cubed steak in flour mixture and coat well.
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan.
- Add cubed steak and brown on both sides for 15 minutes.
- Remove cubed steak and drain grease out of pan, leaving some dripping grease in pan.
- Add can of mushroom soup,water and heavy whipping cream or milk to the pan drippings and mix well.
- Add cubed steak back to pan and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. (may cover with lid if you want to).
- Turning cubed steaks once during simmering.
- NOTE: you may need to add more water or milk to the steak and gravy while simmering.