This recipe is a old family favorite that I get asked to make at least twice a month and serve with my cream potatoes.
- In a bowl or plastic bag add flour,salt,onion powder,garlic powder and black pepper.
- Add cubed steak in flour mixture and coat well.
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan.
- Add cubed steak and brown on both sides for 15 minutes.
- Remove cubed steak and drain grease out of pan, leaving some dripping grease in pan.
- Add can of mushroom soup,water and heavy whipping cream or milk to the pan drippings and mix well.
- Add cubed steak back to pan and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. (may cover with lid if you want to).
- Turning cubed steaks once during simmering.
- NOTE: you may need to add more water or milk to the steak and gravy while simmering.