Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this tonight. These have been over within seconds. Luckily, I saved some for X'mas. These are 100% kid pleasers, great to give away as gifts and very romantic. You can serve these at anytime, they're great as snacks or on festivals such as X'Mas, New Year, etc. These cookies will be MY MOST SPECIAL COOKIES AS LONG AS I LIVE, because they happen to be my very first c
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 10 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- glace red cherries
- glace green cherries
- almonds or walnuts or pecans or cashews
- dried apricot (small pieces)
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and milk in a large bowl.
- Add flour (1 cup at a time) to mixture.
- Add baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Mix well.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto sheet leaving a gap of 1 1/2 inch between each cookie.
- Add some pieces of broken nuts and cherries/apricots in the center of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees C or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Once I made the balls, I kept them on an aluminium foil on a plate and straight into my freezer. I froze them for 3 hours. After that, I removed them from the freezer and kept into a bowl. Now, they are ready to serve. If you wish, you may roll them in sugar before keeping them in the freezer.
- Pop into your mouth whenever hungry.
- WARNING: These are chewy, yummy and delicious nut filled goodies, hence, be sure, to save some for yourself before you are pleaded to make more!