Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been making this chili for years, the only one I know that has mushrooms and pork and beans that makes all the difference.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork & beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- salt & pepper
- brown ground beef, drain fat, add chopped onion, celery and green pepper cook until soft.
- add diced tomatoes, mushrooms, kidney beans, pork&beans bring to a boil.
- Then add chili powder depending on how hot you like it, I usually add enough so that you notice the change in colour.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 1 hour until the beans are tender.
- serve with grated cheddar on top and garlic bread.