1/2 Photos of My Own Best Bbq'ed Baked Beans!
1 hr 20 mins
This makes a lot...BUT..."one for the potluck and one for HOME" is what DH loves! He hates it when we take dishes to gatherings and there's none left!! So, you can put this all into one pot, or divide it into two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 lb bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped coarse
- 2 (40 ounce) cans pork and beans, mostly drained, I use Van Camp's
- 1 cup ketchup (I use Hunt's)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1In large frying pan, cook hamburger, sausage, bacon and onion til done.
- 2Drain *grease. Pour into **greased large pot, or divide into two pots or casserole dishes.
- 3(***You can use grease from the meats for this, just sop up and coat with a paper towel.).
- 4Add rest of ingredients except beans.
- 5Stir very well.
- 6Stir/fold in beans well.
- 7For one large pot, bake at 350º, covered, for 45-60 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- 8Two smaller ones take about 35-45 minutes. May or may not need to be stirred once, really personal preference.
- 9I like to because I don't like the top to be QUITE so "done" looking.
- 10Some people like it that way.
- 11*For some reason the amount of pork and beans won't show up -- so, it's 2(2 lb. 8oz.) or 3(1 lb. 15 oz.) cans just in case it puts a zero up there, lol! ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Own Best Bbq'ed Baked Beans!
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.2
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 1785.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 23.9 g