Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a lot...BUT..."one for the potluck and one for HOME" is what DH loves! He hates it when we take dishes to gatherings and there's none left!! So, you can put this all into one pot, or divide it into two.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped coarse
- 2 (40 ounce) cans pork and beans, mostly drained, I use Van Camp's
- 1 cup ketchup (I use Hunt's)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In large frying pan, cook hamburger, sausage, bacon and onion til done.
- Drain *grease. Pour into **greased large pot, or divide into two pots or casserole dishes.
- (***You can use grease from the meats for this, just sop up and coat with a paper towel.).
- Add rest of ingredients except beans.
- Stir very well.
- Stir/fold in beans well.
- For one large pot, bake at 350º, covered, for 45-60 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Two smaller ones take about 35-45 minutes. May or may not need to be stirred once, really personal preference.
- I like to because I don't like the top to be QUITE so "done" looking.
- Some people like it that way.
- *For some reason the amount of pork and beans won't show up -- so, it's 2(2 lb. 8oz.) or 3(1 lb. 15 oz.) cans just in case it puts a zero up there, lol! ENJOY!
This was a good recipe for the most part. I did not put the salsa in. After trying the finished product, they had an odd taste. If I make again I will eliminate the vinegar.
I made these to take to a picnic this weekend and they were all gone. Everyone raved about them. They have great flavor and I will make again! Thanks for sharing.
Great seasoning! I did cut this down a lot. Didn`t use the sausage.Thanks for a yummy side!