Nana Lee's Note:
This is one of my most favorite soups! I used to make this alot when first married because we had so little money, and hamburger was VERY cheap. LOL Serve this with a nice crusty French or Italian bread, and pudding or JELL-O for dessert and slip back into the '60s!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup, diluted with 1 can of water*
- 4 stalks celery, sliced med
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced med
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced 1/2 inch
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped roughly do not drain
- fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Saute ground beef and onion with salt and pepper until browned.
- 2Add beef broth, tomato soup (or canned toms*) and water.
- 3Add prepared veggies, parsley flakes, toms, and bay leaf. Simmer until veggies are tender (15 to 20 minutes).
- 4If you have any leftover tomatoes (fresh, frozen or canned) or tomato sauce, add that while cooking the veggies.
- 5Remove bay leaf
- 6* You could use 2 undrained cans of the newer canned toms like toms with basil, etc., in place of tom soup and water. Also omit fresh toms.
- 7Canned toms are what I use now, esp when good fresh toms are not available.
- 8Years ago, when I first started making this, these types of canned toms were not available.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Own Autumn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.3
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 1467.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 39.0 g