Recipe by Kendra*
I was looking for a recipe for an Asian kind of cole slaw to put on top of salmon patty burgers for dinner. But I really didn't want a recipe that used ramen noodles. So I used only the ingredients I wanted, and came up with this one. I used shredded angel hair cabbage mix, but I'm sure it would also work with other kinds of cabbage or broccoli mixes. We think it's a winner, and I hope you all like it too.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this last night to go with Pan Seared Fish with Mushrooms and Scallions#449063 and it was delicious! I found a recipe similar to this in the Parade magazine in Sundays paper but this is a little different. I already had this picked out so I made this and used shredded cabbage, a few shredded carrots, a few red and green sliced peppers and some green onions along with the regular onions. The dressing is to die for. DH finished the rest for a bedtime snack. So long for my snack today. Definately going into my Favorites of 2011. Thank you Kendra* for submitting the recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I used low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (I used Cholula)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cabbage, onion and Jalapeno in a bowl.
- Stir together the dressing ingredients until well mixed. I find the easiest way to do this is with a whisk.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, stir, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.