Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
There is already another recipe posted on this site with the name "Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies" but these are different. It all started when I was trying to make a friend's recipe that called for softened butter. I inadvertently melted the butter on top of the stove but used it anyway -- a very happy accident. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely broken walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter and cool to room temperature in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugars; cream together. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to butter mixture. Mix with a spoon until blended.
- Add chips and nuts; stir.
- Chill batter for about an hour. Do not skip this step! It is necessary so that the cookies will not flatten while baking.
- Drop by large tablespoons onto 2 ungreased jelly roll pans (10 by 15 inches each).
- Bake about 8-10 minutes.