Cook1 hr 10 mins
------Prep time: 1.25 hours including marinating Cook time: 1 - 2 hours ------
Make and share this My Orange Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and clean the chicken, pat dry.
- Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Place the whole chicken in a gallon zip lock bag.
- Add the soy preparation to the bag and seal.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and halve the onions.
- Quarter the orange.
- Remove chicken from bag and place in a roasting pan.
- Save the soy preparation.
- Place the onion halves and orange quarters in the chicken cavity.
- Salt and pepper the outside of the chicken well.
- Place the "stuffed" chicken in the preheated oven.
- Place the soy preparation in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until boiling.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and use warm to baste.
- Baste the chicken with this mixture every 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink.