1/4 Photos of My Orange Roast Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Shadows's Note:
------Prep time: 1.25 hours including marinating Cook time: 1 - 2 hours ------
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and clean the chicken, pat dry.
- 2Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and salt and pepper.
- 3Place the whole chicken in a gallon zip lock bag.
- 4Add the soy preparation to the bag and seal.
- 5Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7Peel and halve the onions.
- 8Quarter the orange.
- 9Remove chicken from bag and place in a roasting pan.
- 10Save the soy preparation.
- 11Place the onion halves and orange quarters in the chicken cavity.
- 12Salt and pepper the outside of the chicken well.
- 13Place the "stuffed" chicken in the preheated oven.
- 14Place the soy preparation in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until boiling.
- 15Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 16Turn off heat and use warm to baste.
- 17Baste the chicken with this mixture every 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- 18Cook until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Orange Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.3
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 1208.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 53.0 g