1/2 Photos of My Not-So-Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
HEP MEP's Note:
I can make this an all-day thing, but the results are a very tasty soup. I usually stop at the point where I have my chicken pulled and store it in the fridge for a while, and add it later when I cook the noodles. This is pretty much my own recipe, so feel free to adjust anyway you like.(I gave some to my Dad not long ago, and he said he liked it better than my Mom's. High praise!)A final note: I tend to always end up with a huge pot of soup of any kind - they "grow" on me throughout the process!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced
- 4 -5 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons leaf thyme
- 20 cups water (approx. (or more)
- 18 chicken bouillon cubes (more or less to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag egg noodles, cooked and drained
- parsley, if desired
- 1Heat chicken and water to boiling, skimming fat as it accumulates.
- 2Add the onion, celery, carrots, seasonings, and bouillon.
- 3Bring back up to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- 4When chicken is tender, remove to a plate till cool enough to handle.
- 5Remove skin and pull off meat into bite-size pieces.
- 6Place chicken back in the pot,and add noodles, and fresh parsley if desired.
- 7Reheat and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Not-So-Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 2023.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g