Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Barbara5's sauce, simple, flavorful, and just the right consistency. This makes enough to top about 4 pizza's. It freezes really well.
- 1 (26 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 pressed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄8 cup red wine, approx
- Saute onions and garlic in a splash of olive oil until onions are soft and clear, do not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- You may choose to press in another clove of garlic while simmering, depending on your tastes.
- Serve on Whole Wheat Pizza Dough#2675 by Barbara5.
This was a very flavorful pizza sauce made with ingredients I usually have on hand. I think the thing that really made this stand out was the addition of the chicken bouillon (I used Better Than Bouillon). Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.