Recipe by Mirj
My kids have this unnatural fascination with chicken wings that I can't really fathom. They just adore them. This recipe sort of evolved over the years with various kids "helping" me in the kitchen. Prep time includes the 1 hour that the chicken hangs out in the fridge.
- 1 dozen chicken wings
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons melted margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the chicken wings at the joint so you have 24 pieces.
- Mix the egg, margarine, hot sauce, salt, sugar, and paprika.
- Coat the chicken wings in this mixture, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and add the water, flour, baking soda and cornstarch.
- Mix well and make sure each piece is coated.
- Heat the oil in large frying pan.
- Fry 5 to 6 pieces at a time until brown, turning a few times.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- The wings are now ready to serve.