Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Have had this since I was wee. It is a great meal on a wintery night. (or any other night)
Make and share this My Nana's Curried Sausages recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg sausage
- 2-3 onions
- 591.47 ml water
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml tomato sauce
- 14.79 ml malt vinegar
- Grill the sausages.
- Slice and set aside.
- In a pot melt some butter and fry sliced onions.
- Once cooked, add first measure of water.
- Season to taste.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and add to the pot to thicken.
- Add the sausages to heat through.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato and seasonal vegetables.
Best tasting curry for all the family that I have tasted.. I barbequed the sausages, and used the recipe as is.. I have my own curry powder purchased from Singapore that really hit the mark. Highly recommend this recipe.. Thanks.
YUM! Can't decide if it tastes better than it smells. A few variations - used vegetarian sausages - added a couple of zucchinis, chick peas and kidney beans to stretch it further. It tastes great and freezes well - perfect for lunches or a quick dinner. Serves well with brown rice or mashed potato. Thanks for posting an old school favorite!
WOW - very yummy. Had then for lunch at work today and one of the truck drivers asked for the recipe :-)