1/1 Photo of My Mushroom Soup
We've enjoyed this very tasty, creamy mushroom soup for years. Now, at last, I've written down the recipe! This soup freezes well and can be thawed and reheated in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- 2Fry onions in butter until transparent.
- 3Add mushrooms and black pepper and fry, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle over flour, stir into the mushroom mixture with a wooden spoon and cook for 30 seconds.
- 5Remove saucepan from heat.
- 6Gradually add chicken stock and white wine, stirring constantly.
- 7Return saucepan to heat, bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8Add mustard, then blend soup until smooth with a stick mixer or blender.
- 9Stir in cream, check seasonings (you shouldn't have to add salt, but check) and reheat.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 361.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g