Recipe by John Somers
This is the most fantastic sauce I have ever tried. It goes very well with beef , pork , or chicken. NOTICE there is NO salt added. There's enough in everything else. Got it off another site , tried it and have been doing it ever since.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 ounces beef consomme
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 4 ounces black olives, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter in frying pan (large).
- add mushrooms and shallots.
- cook till mushrooms are just tender about 5 minutes.
- add flour and STIR well.
- add water and STIR.
- add beef consume and STIR.
- add vermouth and STIR.
- add pepper and STIR until you get the consistency you like.
- add the black olives and serve.