1 hr 5 mins
The only real kind of apple pie, finnish-style I guess. This isn't what most people, especially americans, are used to but it's delicious and tastes just as good after being frozen and melted as it did freshly baked. Can be served both hot and cold (I quite like it when it's still a bit frozen).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the eggs and the sugar.
- 2Melt the margarine in a kettle together with the water and add in to the egg-sugar mixture.
- 3Mix the flour and the baking powder and add in to the rest.
- 4Pour onto a baking sheet (about 15'x14', high edges).
- 5Heat the oven to 392°F.
- 6Peel and core the apples, then slice them into 1/4 inch wide slices.
- 7Cover the batter with the apples (it should look like lines of (((((((( ).
- 8Mix the sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples.
- 9Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until batter is cooked (test by sticking a toothpick into the batter, if the stick is clean when you take it out, the pie is ready, if crumbs stick to it, let the pie bake for a while).
- 10Enjoy with vanilla sauce or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mum's Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 206.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g