Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Watched a documentary about the "MUFFULETTA SANDWICH" Had to try it. Wasnt sure about all the ingredients, they were trying to keep it a secret. Done some research on the sandwich, and the famous olive spread and came up with this
- 1 loaf ciabatta (recipe from recipezaar)
- provolone cheese, sliced
- genoa salami, sliced
- virginia baked ham (or your preference)
- tomatoes, sliced
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (or 2 T dried)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brine, from green olives (to start,may need more)
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (to start)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- MIX EVERYTHING IN FOOD PROCESSOR.
- CHOP FINE FOR SPREAD.
- REFRIGERATE UNTIL READY TO USE.
This was a really good sandwich, I used fresh basil as I have so much growing at the moment! I found that chopping the olive salad ingredients very finely meant I didn't need to process which gave the sandwich a nice texture (less washing up too!) I spread the olive salad / spread on the top and bottom of the bread before layering the other ingredients. Great recipe thank you for posting!