Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this old hand-written recipe when cleaning out the house. It brought back many good memories.
- 2 ounces butter or 2 ounces margarine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 -5 drops lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease an 8 cup (round) baking tin.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and vanillasugar.
- Cream sugar and eggs, whisk (electric) for at least 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter (margarine) with the water, let it boil for 3-4 seconds.
- Add flourmixture and boiling butterwater a little at a time to the creamed sugar/eggs, keep whisking on low.
- When thouroughly blended, add lemonextract, whisk one or twice to incorporate.
- Pour cakemixture into prepared form.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, check with a skewer for doneness.
Let's just say I'm not going to waste frosting on this. Sorry.