Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this old hand-written recipe when cleaning out the house. It brought back many good memories.
Make and share this My Mother's Z.l. Everyday Yellow Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease an 8 cup (round) baking tin.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and vanillasugar.
- Cream sugar and eggs, whisk (electric) for at least 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter (margarine) with the water, let it boil for 3-4 seconds.
- Add flourmixture and boiling butterwater a little at a time to the creamed sugar/eggs, keep whisking on low.
- When thouroughly blended, add lemonextract, whisk one or twice to incorporate.
- Pour cakemixture into prepared form.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, check with a skewer for doneness.
Let's just say I'm not going to waste frosting on this. Sorry.