Chef Dudo's Note:
Found this old hand-written recipe when cleaning out the house. It brought back many good memories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease an 8 cup (round) baking tin.
- 3Sieve flour, baking powder and vanillasugar.
- 4Cream sugar and eggs, whisk (electric) for at least 5 minutes.
- 5Melt the butter (margarine) with the water, let it boil for 3-4 seconds.
- 6Add flourmixture and boiling butterwater a little at a time to the creamed sugar/eggs, keep whisking on low.
- 7When thouroughly blended, add lemonextract, whisk one or twice to incorporate.
- 8Pour cakemixture into prepared form.
- 9Bake for 25-35 minutes, check with a skewer for doneness.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mother's Z.l. Everyday Yellow Cake
Serving Size: 1 (632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1976.1
- Calories from Fat 561
- Total Fat 62.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.0 g
- Cholesterol 756.4 mg
- Sodium 1267.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 322.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 201.4 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: