Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a very good recipe from a jean pare cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Measure dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Stir very well.
- Make a well in center.
- In separate bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Stir in milk and butter.
- Pour into well.
- Beat only until smooth.
- Fill hot waffle iron according to it's instructions.
- Bake until it stops steaming.
- Serve immediately with butter and syrup.
Great tasting waffles! Will make many many more times. Thanks for posting.
Finally got around to trying my new Oster wafflemaker. Liked this recipe becase it did not call for yeast. Couldn't find my granulated sugar and used Splenda instead. I got 5 beautiful waffles out of this recipe. Even my better half, who isn't even really into waffles, ate 2 of them, remarking how good they were. Will make these again. Thank you!
Made these up for supper tonight and they were simple great. Light and tender. I would recommend this recipe to everyone. Served tonight with fresh homemade blueberry syrup.