Recipe by ForeverMama
Since I can remember my mom made this dish. It was one of our favorites and both my sister and I continue to make it for our family. Best thing is that it is quick and easy as can be to prepare. It can be served as a side dish for meat, fish or on its own. Note that the tomatoes are meant to be the star of the dish not the eggs. Hope you enjoy it too.
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes (not overly ripe and not too hard, better to have them on the semi-firm side)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- goya adobo seasoning, to taste or sea salt
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and cut tomatoes into 1 1/2 - 2 " slices; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and set aside.
- Prepare a skillet over stove-top to high heat. Add the olive oil. When olive oil is hot, add tomatoes and saute on all sides until they are blistered, brown and semi-charred (not burned). Cook through but making sure they do not disintegrate. Season with adobo seasoning to taste.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add eggs and season with the adobo seasoning and black pepper. Cook until eggs are cooked through. Remove from heat. NOTE: Be careful not to over season with adobo because you don't want it to be over-salty.