Recipe by slclemons
Easy to scale down for any occasion and easy to make for the non-cookers. Great for cookouts and holidays but just as enjoyable on any given day as a side or main dish
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces shell pasta or 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 cups of shredded cheese (colby and mild cheddar mixed)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup canned milk
- 2 -3 cups 2% low-fat milk or 2 -3 cups skim milk or 2 -3 cups milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil noodles.
- Once done, add butter, salt and pepper and flour.
- Beat eggs and add to noodles.
- Pour milks then add cheese (add as much as you like. I normally do as my Jessica loves it cheesy- if adding more cheese, you may have to add more milk).
- Mix and pour into a casserole dish (13x9 will do).
- Add a bit more cheese on top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until it starts to brown around the edges.
- Set for about 20 minutes before serving as the milk may have to set.
- If too milky, bake for about 10-15 minutes more.
- I use as a side dish but my daughter (Jessica) and I always eat the leftovers as a meal.
- Enjoy my Mother's mac & Cheese the Southern way.