1 hr 25 mins
Easy to scale down for any occasion and easy to make for the non-cookers. Great for cookouts and holidays but just as enjoyable on any given day as a side or main dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Boil noodles.
- 3Once done, add butter, salt and pepper and flour.
- 4Beat eggs and add to noodles.
- 5Pour milks then add cheese (add as much as you like. I normally do as my Jessica loves it cheesy- if adding more cheese, you may have to add more milk).
- 6Mix and pour into a casserole dish (13x9 will do).
- 7Add a bit more cheese on top.
- 8Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until it starts to brown around the edges.
- 9Set for about 20 minutes before serving as the milk may have to set.
- 10If too milky, bake for about 10-15 minutes more.
- 11I use as a side dish but my daughter (Jessica) and I always eat the leftovers as a meal.
- 12Enjoy my Mother's mac & Cheese the Southern way.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mother's Macaroni Cheese Southern Style Comes to the North
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.8
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 135.5 mg
- Sodium 825.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 32.6 g