Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother's cornbread dressing has always been my favorite. I have yet to find a recipe this easy, or this tasty!
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cornbread mix
- 2 tablespoons sage
- Prepare corn bread as usual.
- Crumble in a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, boil celery, onion and butter in enough water to cover - until the onions turn clear and celery is tender.
- Mix the veggies (with the water) with the corn bread.
- Add sage to taste ( I use a LOT of sage).
- Spread into a 13x9 baking dish and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with cranberry sauce.
Quick and easy but taste great. The only change I made was to use chicken stock instead of the water.
I am so thankful I found this. It tastes just like the dressing my mom always made. It was very easy to make. I added a little more butter and a chicken boullion to the water for a little extra flavor. Thanks for the recipe!
great recipe easy to make and taste delicious thank you