southern chef in louisiana's Note:
My mother makes this all the time. When I was a little girl, she would make it Christmas eve. The smell, for me, is what Christmas should smell like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar, cocoa, milk, syrup, and salt in a heavy, deep pot.
- 2Turn to high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When the mixture is at a rolling boil, turn down to medium and cook until soft ball stage or 236°F.
- 3Stirring constantly once it's at the right temperature, remove from heat, add the butter, peanut butter and vanilla; stir until well mixed.
- 4Quickly pour into an 8x8 square pan that has been buttered. Allow to cool before cutting.
- 5If you like nuts, you may add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, walnuts, or peanuts when you add butter, peanut butter and vanilla.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mother's Cocoa Peanut Butter Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 56.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g