Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
I found a delightful little box in my bottom turnaround. It was labeled recipes. I sifted through and separated all the hand written ones. This us another of my mothers, oddly enough I don't remember it, but it will be tried soon I'll report back. ** On request - the chicken should be diced into very small pieces and it should be able to go in raw and cook through in the 60 minutes but should you prefer, cooked may be used **
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wow! This is sooooo good! I used leftover cooked chicken for this. It's really creamy and cheesy. I mixed some cheese into the first layer as well as on the top. Perfect use for leftover poultry. Thanx for sharing.
- 9 slices white bread, diced
- 3 cups diced chicken or 3 cups turkey
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, bread, celery and onions; place in bottom of casserole dish.
- Beat eggs with milk; add salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture (DO NOT STIR).
- Combine soup and sour cream; spread on top.
- Bake at 300°F for 50 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake 10 more minutes.