Recipe by BecR
This is my favorite summer or spring-time salad. It is a beautiful, colorful, not too sweet tangy salad. A staple in my family for three generations.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This was so delicious. I made it for a picnic this Memorial Day Weekend for 10 of us. Everyone thought this was the best bean salad they have had. I used a red pepper because of personal choice and I used sugar not sweetener, otherwise everything else was the same. I loved this salad for being quick to make and so colorful. I made it the night before so flavors had time to blend together. I am so glad I have a bit leftover for my lunch. Thanks so much for posting this delicious salad recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced carrots, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small white onion, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped fine
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- artificial sweetener, to taste (or 1/3 cup sugar)
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place canned vegetables, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and parsley in shallow dish.
- In a screw top jar (or other container with leakproof lid), combine vinegar, sweetener, oil, salt, mustard, and a dash pepper; shake well.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Arrange in a bowl and serve cold.